Your complete resource for Astronomy, Astrophotography, Stargazing & Equipment.
As Featured In
- Celestron SkyMaster 15×70 Binoculars Review [My Experience + Thoughts]Welcome to my Celestron SkyMaster 15×70 Binoculars Review. If you’re interested in experiencing the wonders of the night sky in greater depth and seeking a powerful, yet affordable pair of astronomy binoculars, this guide is for you. As an avid stargazer and binocular enthusiast, I recently had the opportunity to test out these 15×70 Celestrons … Read more
- Celestron PowerSeeker 50az Telescope Review [My Experience + Thoughts]Welcome to my Celestron PowerSeeker 50az Telescope Review. If you are in the market for a telescope, perhaps you’re new to stargazing or maybe you’re even looking for a gift, then this review will be for you. Today, I’d like to share my thoughts, opinions and experiences with you having purchased, set up and used … Read more
- Celestron SkyMaster 25×70 Review [My Experience + Thoughts]Welcome to my Celestron SkyMaster 25×70 binoculars review. If you’re considering diving into the fascinating hobby of stargazing, and more specifically, are considering this particular brand and model, then this guide is for you. Having invested and used this particular pair for for several weeks, I’m going to be sharing my thoughts, opinions, experience and … Read more
- Celestron Cometron 7×50 Binoculars Review [My Experience + Thoughts]Welcome to my personal review of the Celestron Cometron 7×50 binoculars. Navigating the expansive world of binoculars can be a daunting task, especially when seeking the perfect pair to cater to your unique viewing desires. Drawing upon this sentiment, I decided to personally invest in the Celestron Cometron 7×50 binoculars, subjecting them to a series … Read more
- Newtonian vs Cassegrain [What Is The Difference?]If you’re in the market for a new telescope, you will likely come across two different telescope designs: Newtonian’s and Cassegrains. But what do these terms mean, exactly? How do the two designs differ? Which design is the better fit for your needs? Well today, I’m going to break down the key features and differences … Read more
- Dobsonian vs Newtonian [Why and How Are They Different]If you’re searching for a new telescope, you’ll soon come across two particular telescope designs: Dobsonian’s and Newtonian’s. But what are they exactly? How do they differ? How do you determine which is the better fit for your needs? Well today, I’m going to break down the key features and differences between Dobsonian’s and Newtonians … Read more
- 1.25″ vs 2″ Eyepiece [The Ultimate Guide]I fondly remember when I was first getting into astronomy. I was plagued with questions. Especially around eyepieces. One of the first ones I remember having, was this: “Which is better, a 1.25-inch or 2-inch eyepiece?” It’s a question I often see. So I would like to share my thoughts and opinions on the topic … Read more
- The Moon Is Beautiful Isn’t It [What Does This Saying Mean?]The Moon Is Beautiful Isn’t It. What a lovely saying. If you are here, chances are you’re into your Anime. Perhaps even Manga, specifically. But what does this saying mean, exactly? Where does it originate? Today, I’m here to uncover all! What Does The Moon Is Beautiful Isn’t It Mean? The The Moon Is Beautiful … Read more
- How To Store A Telescope – The Right Way…Our telescope is our prized possessions, allowing us to peer into the celestial yonder. Besides, they cost a pretty penny too! These instruments require special care when not in use, particularly in regards to storage. But where is the best place to store your telescope and what considerations should you make? And should you disassemble … Read more
- Big Dipper vs Little Dipper [What Is The Difference?]For centuries, the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper have dominated our night skies and our imaginations. They are both iconic ‘constellations’ with their own unique features and stories. However, they are often muddled with one another. So today, I’d like to clear it all up. What exactly differentiates the Big Dipper from the Little … Read more
- Pulsar vs Quasar [The Definitive Comparison]The cosmos, in all its vastness and intricacy, presents us with a myriad of celestial bodies, each with its unique attributes and phenomena. Among these, pulsars and quasars hold a special interest for astronomers due to their unique properties and behaviors. But how do they differ, and what do they have in common? Let’s delve … Read more
- Meteor vs Shooting Star [What Is The Difference?]Meteors and shooting stars. Terms that are quite often used interchangably. To the untrained eye, these may seen to just be different words to describe “pieces of rock or metal moving through space.” But interestingly, they are not the same thing. Today, I’m zeroing in on meteors and shooting stars – to unravel the mystery … Read more
More From The Blog
Want To Search For Something Specifically?
Hey, I’m Chris! I’m the astronomer behind Astronomy Scope.
I’m an astronomy enthusiast from New Mexico who has loved the universe since a young age, ever since I peered at the moon through my grandfather’s telescope.
Over the past 12 years, I’ve studied the sky, tracked planet movements, and attended stargazing events.
I’ve even written articles for astronomy magazines and captured photos of the Milky Way during my travels.
I created Astronomy Scope to share the beauty of the night sky with others, as I believe it’s something that should be appreciated by all.
Learn more about me, my credentials, and why I started this site here.